Pride of Britain awards

OK but then you’re doing the same going home and expecting the trains to run.
Coming home on the travel news they said that LNE trains were banjaxed, so imagine cadets are being expected to be the representatives coming from there.
Travel has to be as easy as possible for those attending or expected to attend. Can’t mitigate for all things, but putting excessive travel into the mix, especially public transport, should be avoided, unless you are in a city/large town. For a midweek evening activity like this one, saying we want cadets from all over the place, would be a complete nonsense.

Possibly - or making a weekend of it - accommodation at Northolt for example?

Potentially if it was a Saturday, but this was on a Monday when they’re at school.
Even if was a Friday, you’d still have to get them there for a Friday evening from school etc.

without being a killjoy there is also a persec issue.

without wanting to over complicate the logistics it would make sense for the persons to travel in uniform (else they would need to carry their uniform, which realistically would require a sit carrier and then somewhere to change into it at the beginning of the night, and again at the end of the night. - adding time either end of the event)

but how would these persons from outside the M25 be chosen? individuals from each Wing? it is advisable to have sole travellers in uniform?
even if this was a group of 3-4 Cadets that would draw attention to themselves simply by being in uniform. I am not suggesting that something would happen, in my experience when i have been seen in uniform by the public the reaction is positive, but those who would be managing it would have every reason to be nervous…

Well, it looked like Folkestone were part of the team: