Presentation skills

Hi All,

Has anybody got a powerpoint of presentation skills that they wouldn’t mind sharing? If there is one hidden away on barder/the internet, I’d be greatful if you could point me in the right direction.

Thanks

TF

(positive karma on offer)

Bader, it’s called Bader.

There’s loads on SharePoint. Use the search facility with the term “Presentation skills” inc quote marks.

I believe ACPs 40, 41, 48 and 49 have some info in them as they’re about J/SNCO courses. You could also try ACP42 which is the old staff 2 training book, this might contain something useful.

Otherwise ask your wing? They might have something they use for the MOI course for cadets?

Lesson plan: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B_IWEVvpO_4BMEFFVDdrNDE1WHM

Powerpoint: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B_IWEVvpO_4BWXdDeHE1MUlkSGM

Thanks mattb

Apologies for the typo, I can only put it down to being a Monday.

If you do search “presentations skills” in Bader no relevant ppts pop up. I’m sure there are some on Bader but the search function is poor hence why I asked here.

[quote=“the fixer” post=824]

If you do search “presentations skills” in Bader no relevant ppts pop up. I’m sure there are some on Bader but the search function is poor hence why I asked here.[/quote]

That’s odd. I get at least 15 references. Let me see if i can find out why that’s happening…

I’m planning to give a similar lesson to my cadets tomorrow, and ask them to give 5 minute presentations to me.

My CWO Suggested that a good resource, (because it’s free) is something called a Prezi. (www.prezi.com)

Like Powerpoint, but different, less gumph. I’ve used it in one half of my lesson to show them what it looks like, and have been very impressed. Have a mess around with it and see what you think.

Being online, they only need to log in to access it, rather than swapping over memory sticks, and facing compatibility issues.

I’ve used Prezi a few times over the last 12 months - and I have to say I like the different approach it takes to presentations. However, it does scare the hell out of people if they’re not expecting it! It does, however, make a very refreshing change. Not sure whether I can be bothered to do any cadet stuff on it at the moment though!

Prezi looks like a great resourse and as you said different to powerpoint.

I would add that I only ever use Powerpoint or Prezi when absolutely neccessary - and generally try to avoid it whereever possible. When I do, I rarely use text and rely on it for diagrams and pictures to illustrate a point.

Remember - PowerPoint doesn’t make a Presentation. Your presentation skills make a presentation. Powerpoint is a visual aid!