Prc 349 problem

:mad: I have a clansman 349 and it will receive off every radio bar 1 351 , unless it is in touching distance, however it will transmit to said radio from a distance, the 349 transmits to all radios it just refuses to receive off the 351, which also transmits to all the other radios… any help? :crying:

either an antenna or radio error at a guess as both should be fully compatibly. silly question but are both set to the same frequency?

[video width=425 height=344 type=youtube]rFu5ZVZMFmk[/video]

Check for the rotary control knob at the top of the deaf 349 (beside the headset connection socket), and turn it to position “[size=6]*[/size]” (which corresponds to ‘Noise On’…you’re disabling the mute/ squelch). Check that you can hear someone when they’re transmitting a count or “Radio Check, over” etc from the 351.

You can? That may point to the PRC349 suffering from a slight CTCSS/PL decoder fault after the FM detector (they run on Vietnam vintage 150Hz side-tone) causing some degree of no-receive. If you can source a radio service tech to help you, and a manual for the 349 (I’ll dig for one), they might be able to either swap-out the tone decoder module (assuming a spare can still be got) or just tweak the tolerance for a fix.

Tell me what you find, after having done the [size=6]*[/size]-test.

wilf_san