Polishing boots

What is the best way to polish black boots to keep them black and waterproof but without a shine? I have used the on/off brush method but it always shines my boots too much

1 Like

Why don’t you want them to shine? If you get enough polish into the seams & welts you can have a shine and still have dry feet.

If you want them dull then just cake/smear the polish on with one brush and leave it.

Simple answer is don’t use polish. Use dubbin.

It’s a specific leather conditioner and waterproofer. Boot camp trainees used to get two pairs of DMS boots. One for parade shine and one for exercises. Dubbin means you can probably never shine them again but it not only waterproofs the leather, it softens it. We used to do morning runs in the boots to get them perfectly fitted to our feet and also swum in them many times on exercises. By the end of basic training they were as soft as gloves.

It sounds stupid but I use liquid polish (NOT FOR PARADE SHOES) it’s also on brown boots and it’s kiwi ( the brand ) i always get told in inspections that my boots look good and it takes about ten minutes to do then you just let it dry

Note: I’m not just lazy so plz don’t take this as a lazy method it’s just effective. I’m also not lazy and yesterday I spent 2 hours on my parade shoes as they were not shining