Place your euro 2020 final result guesses here

It’s the world cup we want anyway.

Football’s coming home!

1 Like

How he throught sending a 19 year old to take the sudden death penalty is beyond me.

1 Like

Especially one who was trash all game :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Question:
Why did the England team remove their team as soon as they got them??

Is there some sort of protest?

It will be a not displaying pride in losing type act. A mentality thing.

It’s a big achievement, but in this moment it won’t feel like it.

1 Like

I should have put money on my prediction haha

The rugby lads did the same with their runner up medals in the 2019 RWC Final. It’s just poor sportsmanship, the national side should be the epitome of humble in victory and gracious in defeat - not a good example to set for the young people watching.

MB

2 Likes

Second place teams generally do, it was the same at the Champions League final.

1 Like

The English team 1st 15 minutes fine, then the the Italians effectively took control and the worst part it looked for all the world the English were playing to a plan. :roll_eyes: You may be able to score a break-away goal but that can’t be the plan, especially against teams like the Italians. Southgate has to change his mindset. I don’t get Grealish, when he’s come on it’s always he’ll get some free-kicks. Last night he was on the touchline, it came to nothing and the comment, he was waiting for the contact. Fine example for youngsters.
How Chelini was on after pulling whoever it was down by the shirt collar didn’t get a red baffles me. That would have probably be a red in rugby and a citing. Mind you the ref let the game run and not stop for everything.
WTF was Rashford doing, what an idiot. Penalties - hit the ball at the keeper as he’s likely to go one way or the other.

We basically did a Sunderland. Go 1-0 up early on and then do nothing from then on. Second half was incredibly frustrating.

Thanks never noticed them taking the medals off before, some of them hardly had it touch their neck and it was getting taken off.

I agree with MB it’s a poor display of sportsmanship and to me it stinks of arrogance, yes you never got 1st but there were plenty of others that didn’t get 2nd.

2 Likes

It might have looked violent, but I don’t think it would have been classed as dangerous, - the tackle in ET was more of a red card

1 Like

I’m not a football fan, but was good to watch parts of it.

However, seeing that the players have recieved such vile abuse, and some sickening racist abuse to the players who missed the penalties, Is truly awful.

Such a journey they have had, and have been able to unify England for a short time, making them out to be gods, and then drop them. That journey of tolerance and unity, to racism and hate is apparently 12 yards…

1 Like

#satire

4 Likes

This has actually infuriated me this morning. Some people need to seriously re-evaluate their lives from what’s being said on Twitter! Can’t believe the state of this country sometimes when people think it’s okay to abuse people like the way they have today/last night.

Here hoping the police actually get some arrests in for the worst offenders.

1 Like

Hmmm remind me why I view SM as the spawn of Satan devised by ideological “children” who seem unwilling and incapable of controlling their multi-billion dollar money spinner, oh yes when it used like this.
I wonder if twitfaceappgram etc could be closed down on occasions like this for 12 hours by govts, so there is no chance to comment either way. It won’t happen as the SM firms thrive on this, a few bad headline grabbing comments results in lots more comments decrying them, creating advertising revenue and politicians rely too much on it to “communicate”.