Pilots wanted

EasyJet looking for 200 new pilots…

Hope the link works

2 Likes

Spoiler Alert - you need €101,000 to do it

1 Like

Yeah. “And anyone can apply”. What a load of rubbish.

I suppose anyone can apply, but very few will actually be able to afford it…

4 Likes

Last time i explored this route, they advised me to ask my parents to remortgage their house

Just under £90K, plus the living expenses etc so you’re at about £100K all in aren’t you.

Seems mad but that price has actually dropped compared to what was being charged pre-covid, significantly. Sign of the times, not everyone has that sort of money kicking about.

It’s a great scheme if you’ve got the money for it, springboards you into a great career at a pretty solid airline.

Yep. I’ve looked previously. I thought when i saw this post it was a contracted one. ie trained for free but must work X years etc. Sadly not.

Yeh, the best bet for a sponsored route to the flight deck at the moment is the TUI MPL scheme.

2 Likes

That’s been the best route going for years, have to go back to pre-2008 crash to get as accessible a scheme.

My guess would be they see the looming crunch coming once the Brexit changes of the UK leaving EASA really bed in. There’s just not going to be the pool of uk licence holders available.

I wouldn’t expect US style wages, sadly…, but at the very least it could become more normal to not have to front six figures.

BA believed to be launching a new funded scheme

Reality - captains= type rating / lots of hrs required (no slots shown).

Co-pilots - likely to be very limited base availability - the EZY recruitment page currently only shows Switzerland.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

What’s the going rate for a kidney?

Pretty standard - Unless there’s active expansion they’ll never need direct entry captains, by definition there’s a steady stream of FOs ready to upgrade.

The recruitment page is for qualified FOs, for Ezy quite a rate route. Most recruitment is via the cadet scheme.

The scheme is open through CAE and advertising for EU, Swiss, UK specifically. That’s a licence issue due to there being 3 easyJet OPCOs. TopSwiss (Ezy Swiss), Alpine (Ezy EU) and EasyJet (Ezy UK). You’re limited to flying aircraft from one AOC broadly speaking, hence the need to split post brexit as we left EASA.

What it does mean though is that UK pilots will have to be based in the uk which is often seen as a positive, at least on balance. Days of being sent from the uk to the far side of Europe are lone gone.