Pause on Staff Promotions

Anyone else heard a about a pause on staff promotions?

Don’t think there’s any such thing. Recent thread on VoP suggests there isn’t.

Wings being rubbish and not doing paperwork in a timely manner, on the other hand… (a friend of mine has been waiting for his promotion to FL for nearly 18 months).

That’s not good admin. Although we don’t do it for the promotions, it’s nice to be recognised from time to time. Especially if you’ve stepped up to take on a role.

I believe here is a pause on WO promotions. Not sure if there is also one for Sqn Ldr yet.

Pauses for Any others would raise eyebrows.

New month. New pause.

3 Likes

Give it a year and they’ll give out promotions on a simulator and say they’re equally as good as the real thing…

Anyone fancy mocking up a “pause calendar” or one of those Facebook posts where you pick three numbers & your birth month of what the air cadets will do next…

“All marching paused - “by the Corps Bandmaster” - “for Toys R Us mourning period”

4 Likes

We had promotions at all ranks in past few months :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I’ve heard there’s going to be a pause on standing to attention because a cadet who was made to do it longer than 30 seconds fainted and broke his nose when he fell!

The only place I ever hear of this rumour is here. I don’t hear it anywhere else. And have seen several staff promotions across officer and SNCO… So believe it is just one of those untrue rumours that does the rounds once every 6 months.

6 Likes

As opposed to the true rumours every 3 weeks :wink:

2 Likes

But has there been a pause on the pause of all promotions?

Sometimes things change so quickly it starts to eat its own tail like an Ouroboros Serpent (which being a snake has no pause)

3 Likes

I suppose if the snake eating its tail makes a perfect circle there is no beginning or end to the madness, it will be stuck on a perpetual loop of nonsense.

Sound familiar?

3 Likes

A perpetual pause… that’s technically a full stop, or maybe we never started?

2 Likes

My promotions ive submitted recently have been actioned.

1 Like