Parade shoes transport

How do you transport shoes to and from camps as I tried the idea in the previous thread about this in 2016, didn’t work that well and wondering if 2018 got any better answers?

Shoe box

1 Like

Agree with Trev. Shoe box. I’ve been doing it that way for 30 years

Use a soft thick sock (arctic issue socks are perfect)

Roll them back in themselves and then place over the toe cap. Then place in a shoe box

Place your shoes in a shoe box. Then use all the socks that you’ll be using for the camp around the shoe to protect it from scuffs

Ok thanks. Previously tried shoebox without socks and that scuffed. Will try with socks and see how that goes! :grinning:

Awesome let me know how it goes! I recently did it for the Supercamp and the box took a beating but the shoes remained pristine

Slight scuffs from friction with socks but otherwise worked very well. Box did get battered as you say though. We’ll see how it lasts on the way back :grinning:

Thanks
AMW

Shoe box, plus the bag of cotton wool I used for polishing to act as the buffer zone near the toe caps. Never had an issue.

You can get individual soft shoe bags - my patent shoes (for no 5s) came with them and I use them inside a box.

You always get minor hazing but it buffs out easily.