Parachuting badge

Hey all does anyone know roughly how many of the parachuting courses there are a year

I believe theres about 4 weeks pencilled out at weston on the green for parachuting camps. In my 17 years in the RAFAC ive only ever seen 2 calling notices for the course though

The 2019 courses can be seen here on Bader: Sign in to your account

Apply for it and go for it!

One of the few regrets of my ATC cadet career was that I was offered a place on a course (then at Brize) in 1983, but it was the same week as my 1st year exams at poly’ so I couldn’t go :frowning:

I’ll ask my OC, thanks. I always come in here before asking my OC because you probably know how busy they are and don’t appreciate cadets asking things every 2 seconds

1 Like

I unfortunately can’t access that resourse sorry :joy: sorry you missed out that’s a bummer

I found the documents on Bader by typing “parachute” in to the search box (to the right of the Region drop downs).

It was a real disappointment to miss the course but looking back at it now, it seems a bit funny - I had the option of missing the exams in the summer but taking them during the re-sits in September - the only problem with that was if failed anything, I wouldn’t be able to take them again 'til the following year. That seemed too risky to me. But I was more than happy to jump out of an aeroplane and trust my life to nothing more than a giant bin-bag and a couple of bits of string!

As i said before, if you get the chance, grab it with both hands!

1 Like

Im feeling a reboot of exercise dutch courage should be organised!

2 Likes

You called!

3 Likes

Always wanted to do it years ago but never had time…if it happends again…im game

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.