PAM5-C Ver2

i have heard on the grape vine a “new PAM5-C” is pending.

A member of SATT i know has told me they have a copy prior to release…they havent had chance to flick through to find the differences or pass it on…but it would seem we should expect a new book in the coming weeks.

i welcome and invite people to use post to highlight the changes as and when we see the book to ensure all are diligently following latest policy.

I don’t think there are any major changes. As far as I know it is just the one released last year with the various minor updates that have been released incorporated into it, so that it is suitable for publication in hard copy. There shouldn’t be anything new.

The biggest change we already knew about, i.e. the safety catch on the IAs.

There is a bit more about coaching, and it is now mandated that the max number of students per instructor for WHTs is 2 and they must not be able to see each other.

Besides that, they’ve just made some effort to get rid of the numerous numbering/capitalisation/grammar errors that appeared in the last version!

ah well in that case sounds like common sense has been applied!

i wont be holding my breath though! :pinch:

I just downloaded it. No change notes with it so I would assume it is just incorporating the amendments. For some reason it is no longer called “Pam 5-C”.

[quote=“talon” post=20658]
Edit: They have finally written out the function test properly! Yay! Maybe there will be less use of the holding open catch now![/quote]

are you referring to para 0157-0158

i cant see any difference between the two versions…?? :blink: :unsure: :? :?

[quote=“steve679” post=20660][quote=“talon” post=20658]
Edit: They have finally written out the function test properly! Yay! Maybe there will be less use of the holding open catch now![/quote]

are you referring to para 0157-0158

i cant see any difference between the two versions…?? :blink: :unsure: :? :?[/quote]

You’re right, I must have been misremembering (I rarely read that paragraph). It could still do with work :D.

I havent had chance to look through thoroughly yet but I have noticed that 21C has also been recently been relaoded but doesn’t seem to have a new version number so could just be Bader housekeeping…

BG

Latest PAM 5C has just been uploaded to SharePoint.

Anyone got that list of changes yet?

they have shown picture of both magazine types stripped ie metal and plastic in the new version … still looking…

Mostly grammatical improvements.

Lesson 9 - Safety Catch being applied as part of the IA

Lesson 10 has some new sections - Factors Affecting Application of Fire / Locating the Fall of Shot

These are the only changes that Adobe can identify when comparing the 2 documents (old & New)

Both the L98A2 and L86A2 WHTs now allow for a non-safety mistake on the first section, and the make safe has been added to the L86A2 WHT.