Paddling Venues - South Wales

Have a feeling I know who you mean but I’ll drop him a line as well. Cheers!

1 Like

Useful knowledge - what’s the sketch with this? Is proper sleeping accommodation / facilities etc? The same place @Batfink mentioned above, in the ARC?

Yeah same place as @Batfink mentioned I think.

On the big ARC in Cardiff. Barrack block accommodation so dorms with bunk beds and shared bathrooms. There’s a lot more make accommodation than female, but there is both. I can’t remember the exact numbers off the top of my head.

Only issue is that it’s two big dorms for gents off the top of my head so difficult to segregate staff and cadets if you’re planning on bringing cadets.

I think there’s accommodation in the officer’s mess too but not 100%.

For my purposes here it would be mainly CFAVs so I think it would be fine. Can you PM me the contact details please (or send them via Bader)?

Sure, will do.

Should say I haven’t asked about accommodation since Covid so things might have changed.

Further west you the North Dock in LLanelli. 3WW have used it for canoeing and raft race may times.

accommodation can be Pembrey Sands AWR up to 24 or LLanelli Cadet Training Centre (CTC) holds 90 but no secure parking for hit both self help for catering. There is the Mertyer CTC for 72, fairly handy for llangores.

Pembrey Sand can be booked through DE using JSP -907 and CTC https://www.av-rfcawales.co.uk/

This is excellent gen, thanks - am aware of Llanelli dock as I’m planning an FSRT course there.

Didn’t know there was a CTC there though - wondering if I can get a bed there for the weekend instead of commuting from St Athan. :face_with_monocle:

They have always ben very helpful. There are 5 dorms and a house to accommodate staff over 18 and under 18 cadets correctly. Just got to manage shower timings.

You have mail

1 Like

I was looking for sheltered water lakes near Cardiff and found the annual passports for Welsh Water.

Does anyone have one already?

We’d probably come under the military access arrangements if you wanted to go through the TOPL process and save some monies, but gain some admins.

Not relevant in the short term, but more options for you.