Packing for camp

Hey again , I am going to a blues camp in a few weeks what apart from uniform stuff do I need?

You should expect to be issued with a full kit list before you go that details these things but for the most part common sense applies - what do you need with you to stay away for a week…

Other than that, except in rare camps these days you’ll need a sleeping bag. Perhaps also a pillow. The camp programme may require some specific things too. (swim kit for instance)

This is a kit list I issue regularly:

• RAF F3822 record of service book (with photograph)
• No2 uniform as issued (dark and light blues, jeltex jacket, tie, brassard, shoes, beret…)
• No3 uniform (camouflage: CS95 or PCS)
• Casual clothing (nothing offensive), including jackets
• Enough underwear for the week
• Sports Kit, including training shoes (indoor and outdoor)
• Swimming kit
• Washing kit, shaving kit and personal hygiene products as required.
• Nightwear
• Towels (for washing, swimming, sports)
• Cleaning materials, shoe polish etc.
• 2 small padlocks and keys (recommended to secure any valuables)
• Sun cream (recommended – you never know!) / Insect repellent
• Day Sack (small rucksack)
• Water Bottle
• Clothes Hangers
• Any personal medication, sufficient for the week.
• Sleeping Bag and Pillow. Sheet if desired.

If there’s a Night exercise planned (Bit old school now) Cam cream and a Bush hat used to come in quite handy.

As Incy says, you should be issued a kit list - this is ESSENTIAL and should be tailored to the camp programme. If you haven’t received one, keep nagging until you do.

Don’t forget a protractor.

I think I may see what this comment is intended to encompass, to a degree, unless I’m missing your point entirely.

What bearing does this have upon the majority of kit lists?

wilf_san

I think I may see what this comment is intended to encompass, to a degree, unless I’m missing your point entirely.

What bearing does this have upon the majority of kit lists?

wilf_san[/quote]

I think it depends on what angle you look at this from, but I don’t think this is a standard rule. But to not take one could be deemed as a cardinal sin. But on a scale of one to ten, I think I would point someone in the direction of taking one, as no doubt someone else will show you the errors of their ways.

Every time I’ve ever needed one I’ve not had one. Better safe than sorry.

I can’t tell if you’re being deliberately obtuse.

It is his standard reflex

IME there is an acute shortage of protractors in the ACO. :mad:

Just use a compass?

3…2…1…locked.