Outcome Based Accountability

Does anyone out there have experience of Outcome Based Accountability (OBA)? Particularly in a squadron environment.

Locally a lot of funders I work with to get funding for our Squadron are now looking at the evidence that OBA can bring. It’s a big subject, but the three main strands I am looking at:

1. How much did we do?
  2. How well did we do it?
  3. Have you made a difference?

There is some obvious stuff about the number/hours of attendance. Number of PTS badges achieved, but I was wondering about the qualitative evidence and how to extract that.

I have some experience of this (i think) with Sport England, as I suspect does @Batfink and @pEp given I pinched their grant application :smiley:.

For paddling kit, we essentially had to have a quantitative series of sessions which we logged attendance at and reported stats; I think there was also some feedback from the attendees if I remember correctly.

Depends on the funder I guess, but I would be aiming to submit any metrics based on what we can easily extract from SMS to minimise the workload.

1 Like

Yeap. I’ve done a few of these.

Number that started
Number that attended per session
Number that completed
Referrals on to “other organizations”

Our Community Sports Partnership had some weird formula for measuring financial stuff around social value. But that was done online, so we didn’t get to see the stuff behind it.

Qualitative data was done as a few case studies and quotes from participants about impact. Another project I did pre-covid we did video testimonials, imagery of them doing activities and feedback from parents/carers/schools about “improvements in behaviour/focus/resilience” etc.

1 Like