Opinions on RAFAC bader learn

what are your opinions on bader especially as it doesn’t include things like space to just simply self enrol and easily access as now you have to get staff to download it etc anyone have any thoughts they would like to share?

Its better than ultilearn. End of conversation

9 Likes

Learn it’s self as a platform, fantastic. The policy implementations, questionable.

For example, not having self-serve training materials is an abysmal policy decision. But it is one made by TG, not by the Bader team.

6 Likes

Very low bar

1 Like

i think they should at least let you view courses, they still have the appropriate categories

1 Like

So, an update to this. There is a response on VoP suggesting that this will soon be fixed, thankfully. Soon (how ever long that means) cadets will have access to the powerpoints etc. Which will be a great improvement.

I suspect this is due to the incoming change to Microsoft Licensing as detailed here

2 Likes

Well, you live and learn.

This is a really good move. I do hope that when we create a cadet on SMS it will automatically create a 365 account. Also finally a way of communicating directly with cadets properly. The only thing to figure out is how do you make cadets check their e-mails…

1 Like

If we can share content (eg training materials) via a Teams channel or OneDrive that will be a big step forward - although this is a case we’re having a Squadron level OneDrive rather than just those tied to our personal accounts would be useful.

I’m not well enough versed in SharePoint to know if that can fill the same role (ie allow cadets to download and upload materials such as workbooks).

If anyone knows…

The cadets will have full Microsoft licenses so will be able to upload, share and email.

1 Like

Is it not the case then that they should just be able to have direct access to the files, via SharePoint. Assuming the permissions are agreed.

Teams channels usually mirror SharePoint team sites, so the stuff you share on the files tab is automatically stored in SharePoint.

1 Like

Thanks. I’m just trying to figure a good way to share these files, as even the system I was working on, ( for on Squadron use)
the Squadron generic account OneDrive, got taken away

Correct, once implemented I expect the cadets will have access to the Cadet Training Resources Portal (or some version of it)

Certain areas of SharePoint can be made available for the cadet to access, allowing them to self-serve information and removing the burden placed upon Volunteers who often have to get information on behalf of cadets. OneDrive links can be shared between cadets and staff, allowing collaborative working.

3 Likes