Old pattern stable belts

Is the older pattern of stable belt (with the straps?) still allowed I checked AP1358C and it doesn’t say anything about the stable belt except that they’re permitted.

Yes, still permitted. Para 0140 a. says “All styles of belt are optional extras”, which seems to be the closest we can get to an acknowledgement of the old belts.

The old style belt is worn with the blue band uppermost and the leather buckles on the left hip. The position of the chrome loop is irrelevant.

1 Like

Heretic.
There are many who would disagree with that. It was one of those rules which developed over time; the loop was to inline with the buttons and fly. It was in many respects more important than the leather buckles. Many people modified their stable belts so the loop could be adjusted without adjusting the size of the belt.

Tough - that’s not what the rules are now!

They are allowed but people will tend to tell you otherwise as I find. I have one for my greens to stop the chrome buckle on my other one getting scratched

Tough???
I never said they were the official written down rules, they were the rules that everybody used. It is like the rules that says all men must have short hair. It says The hair of the head is to be well cut and trimmed. It has come to mean short but long hear cn be well cut and trimmed

Long hair certainly can be “well cut and trimmed”… After which it will be short - having been “well cut and trimmed”.
In the same way that a dry moving joint can be “well lubricated”, after which it will be nice and slick with oil.

2 Likes

Arguably if you are doing things in greens that get your buckle scratched, you shouldn’t be wearing a stable belt…

General wear can scratch it. I like the nostalgia anyway.

2 Likes

Finally found one that wasn’t an extra small - it’s an XL instead. £10 on eBay, leather’s in great condition.

Welcome to the exclusive leather strap club… oh wait that sounds wrong.

4 Likes

In light of the unit identification badges thread, I’d quite like to see each Sqn devise their own stable belt…

Some of them would be spectacular

2 Likes

Can’t we have a rainbow one as suggested in the Sqn Identification Badges thread?

How about a purse stable belt?

I’ve thought about that idea as well. Seems a great solution to the lack of new purse belts, and the fact the purses were too small for cards. (ID, debit etc.) As stable belts are wider.