Officer cadet Rank slide

Has anyone seen an official officer cadet rank slide yet

Do you mean a RAFAC Acting Pilot Officer rank slide?

Yes, it doesn’t look too bad and an improvement in the old sniper mark in my not so humble opinion…

There is an APO on my squadron. The slides he’s been issued are rubbish, but the cadet direct ones look much better!

Just a quick point. If you’re heading to ATF don’t wear the Cadet Direct GP jacket rank slides. I speak from experience. :cry:

Why would you wear them not part of dress regs

:rotating_light:Badge police alert :rotating_light: - I’d sooner someone looking ally but smart rather then wearing jumper slides on the GPJ… just saying…

1 Like

I really don’t understand why they haven’t put them in dress regs and then left them as private purchase allowing the jumper ones for those who don’t want to private purchase.

Only the same principal as the MTP slides for all but those issued with them.

2 Likes

What they gonna do send you to badge prison?

5 Likes

Because you can’t read the writing on them. Sensible way to do it would have been silver thread on all of the dark slides.

2 Likes

Or even white text on the dark slides - like the UAS have been doing for some years…

As ever, this little project was clearly spearheaded by someone who didn’t do the research; didn’t think it through; didn’t cost it properly; and didn’t think that approaching an overpriced online retailer instead of an actual supplier was the utterly stupid idea that any one of us could have told them it was…

2 Likes

Yeah, white or silver would have had much the same effect - either way it would be visible!

If one was exceptionally cynical, the theory might go that allowing cadet direct to produce approved white on GPJ blue slides would highlight that HQAC clearly got it wrong when specifying the jersey slides. Good job I’m not cynical though.

Sorry, I didn’t realise it was this kind of forum. I was only trying to be helpful. Won’t bother logging back on again. Bye.

I wasn’t digging at you buddy if there’s a problem send me a message and we can sort it :slight_smile:

APO rank slides look OK but would look better if the rank braid were straight.

Doh!