Obstacle Course Instructor

Has anyone heard about or seen advertised any obstacle course instructor courses recently? (Ideally in the South East.)

To my knowledge everyone in our wing who had the qualification is now out of date and we never see any courses coming up on sharepoint. We have an Obs course within the wing but not the ability to run it!

Haven’t seen any since last year and the Army refused to take CI’s on the course as they will no longer be training or renewing CI’s in that skill. (Which annoyed me and my CI who was top of the waiting list!).

I think there was also a problem with the obs cse being the domain of PTIs who get extra dosh for the ticket and there was a teddy chuck about us doing it as we aren’t PTIs.

I’d suggest trying to contact your local Army CTT… they certainly run the courses (or were doing last year)

You don’t need to be a PTI to run an obstacle course. Our brigade run several a year…

Well that’s the line we were given and short of any corroboration otherwise, we had to take it as read.

I automatically assume someone is telling porkies unless I see it on official letterhead.