Oasc hopefully done and dusted

Hello everyone so my first post on ACC after far too long being courtside and flicking through posts!

So I’ve recently finished OASC the course went well, I think. Wasn’t as terrifying as I thought it would have been just have the 4 week admin wait to find out now. But the question I put to you all is that apart from a congrats or deferral letter is it possible to receive a do not return? As I have heard a few horror stories about this?

Many thanks!

1 Like

Not for the ATC. Just deferrals

Thanks for the speedy reply, fingers crossed. I’d prefer not to be deferred (which I think most people wouldn’t want to be) but I’d take it as a development opportunity. Is it 12 month as standard or can it vary?

It can vary, 2 years has also been heard of.

Also, it will take closer to 6 weeks rather than 4 to hear back, unless things have changed!

Yeah I’ve been told the same, I made a quick call to wing afterwards and they said 4 weeks is the minimum but to expect anything upto 8.

My boarding officer was really keen about me getting the feedback sooner or later. She even went as far as saying to pester Hqac if I don’t receive the letter in 4 weeks, not sure that would go down to well.

I did OASC at the start of this week. Mixed feelings about the whole thing and really can’t call it one way or the other regarding a pass. Enjoyed the hangar exercises. Hated the individual planning.

Same here my mind drew a blank on the individual and group planning but not to the extent that I completely fluffed it up, think I may have been on the same oasc!

Haha. Very likely. Which syndicate were you? I was A.

Delta syndicate, overall the course itself was ok, cracking group of candidates which made the whole experience more far more enjoyable

Agreed. It was a good couple of days, even with a bit of fire evacuation thrown in as an additional test! I was the guy in the block by myself!

Ah yeah! That wasn’t great at all at least we didn’t have the whole you’re on camera being watched element…or did we?

1 Like

At worst it should be a deferral of their deciding. Anymore than 6 months and maybe not for you.

Maybe not but only time will tell

Hi JustJim

Well done for getting through it. I did mine in April and am currently 5 weeks into waiting for results.

I have been told that there is some form of delay at HQAC (not sure what) and the time for receiving the results could be 6-8 weeks.

The waiting is hell!! But I wish you luck and hope its a good result!

All the best.

Hi captain thanks for the good luck! Fingers crossed well your wait is nearly over, the wait is going to feel like a lifetime!

Do you think it may be something to do with the planned/postponed changes to the VRT? Hint. Hint.

we have been told that the current process is to carry on with VRT until October 2017

if only similar sense had been applied to the No8 rifle…

1 Like

We have. In the last week or so. How many applications from OASC were buffered pending the sorting out of this mess? 1-Apr to 1-May.

Hence the extra few weeks delay from normal.

I was at the April OASC also, still waiting on outcome. I assumed the delay in hearing was related to the wider new commission implementation issues. If I have failed though, I’d be a little annoyed that they couldn’t have put me out of my misery sooner; it would be fairly moot whether I’d failed to get appointed to a VRT or CF commission!