OASC board

Congratulations!
Just heard from HQAC that letters are in the envelopes and will be posted on Monday.

1 Like

Thank you! We’ll be in uniform in no time. Let the fun begin!

1 Like

Not remotely traumatic. A little uniform prep needed, but if yours is decent before you go that’ll be minimal.

Majority of my non-bar time was spent teaching CCF bods how to polish shoes.

5 Likes

Echoeing what @GrandMaster_Flush said.

There wasn’t loads of homework. Homework was practicing drill and uniform prep. That was mainly for people who had never been cadets or military.

They will laugh when you get there because they ask what horror stories you will have heard. It is an excellent course, intense, but there is a lot of downtime on the evening. Enjoy it! :blush:

1 Like

So what’s looking to be the current delay between put through the conveyor belt, and actually finding-out if you’ve made the grade?

4 weeks it was for mine and I’ve been this year.

1 Like

Many thanks!

Same, 4 weeks to the day. A good read.

I completed the new one day OASC on 17 March 2020, and have just seen that RAFAC have suspended all future OASC for the forseeable future! After all the preparation I am thrilled it is completed before COVID 19 scuppered the next selections. I really feel sorry for the candidates who were booked on the next few dates.
Hopefully will get the result in the next month or so.
I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it, and it was exactly what I thought it would be

4 Likes

I had just passed my P2 board, waiting for Wing to sort my paperwork to book OASC… ah well there’s always next year

1 Like

In the hope I have passed OASC I have new How2become books:
RAF Officer and Aircrew selection centre
Planning exercises for the armed forces
Speed, Distance, Time tests

All in new condition and invaluable for OASC

Looking for ÂŁ20 + ÂŁ4 P&P for the lot.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

To be honest you don’t really need these books. The only book I found useful was the SDT exercises.

Otherwise you just need the preparation course material and your own research.

3 Likes

I wasted money on the OASC book as the actual SDT task was different in terms of levels of challenge.

By the sounds of it this new one day OASC could be passed by anyone.

At least when it first came out it was selective. By all accounts this is perfunctory at best.

Plenty of people still fail for the regulars, so it’s all just about the level they’re expected to perform at.

In reality, you expect you Wings to filter people effectively so that the people only go when you’re confident they will pass, you know, in one of the of those cottage industry / localised rules that we’re not really supposed to do but that everybody totally still does…

Or perhaps wings have become better at training and supporting people?

On mine, 11 passed and one failed. So not anyone can pass.

1 Like

Our Wing had 2 recent failures based on the OASC recommendation, one of these was the approved by the RC based on conversations with OC Wg & WEXO

Come again?
RCs can over ride OASC decision…?

A few on my course we’re attempting for the second time, and a couple failed my course as well.

OASC isn’t a decision. It’s an assessment that’s then given to Rc’s for final decision.