OASC board

I realise it’s a little different but I did a board for an RAF university cadetship at Cranwell back in the 90s and was told the result the same day. More than two weeks seems absolutely ridiculous.

out of interest, and to better understand the situation, for those who get an answer what do you as an answer?

An email saying “successful/unsuccessful”? “yes/no”?
a paragraph welcoming you into the the RAFAC Commissioned ranks?
all of the above with a page of notes?
All of the above with a 2000 word breakdown of your performance?

anything other than the first two seems odd there needs to be a delay at all…If the answer is known by the end of the working week after a candidates visit, send it on copying in the candidates CoC so all are aware…

personally, all I’ve had so far is a phone call from my Wing Commander . . .

I was also on the board just before Christmas and I’ve just seen an update to my rank on sms made early this afternoon, so I’m guessing a phone call will be coming soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

I got a phone call from my Wing Commander. Paperwork came in the post a few weeks later with my board report, air force board letter recommending my commission and then other miscellaneous papers.

Mine came out on Wing Routine Orders, got a congratulatory message from sector commander then waited a week to receive confirmation via post.

My APO was sent his slides in the post from Wing, then a week later he was told he had passed :joy:

1 Like

I got a letter from HQ four months after my interview with the TEST officer and told to buy my own slides.

It’s shocking how informal and uninspiring some of those methods are. Surely a formal letter from HQAC wouldn’t be too much to ask for? And sent out within days of the OASC board? Simple steps that would show VoV is real.

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

mine was a year and I was already in the system with the ATC

^^^this

It’s just obscene. Still waiting on a supernumerary appointment to be processed from September 2018. Just keep being told it’s in the pile.

Though speaking to admin staff on the CCF side at Cranwell they said that Personnel always put CCF to the bottom of the pile and deal with ATC first. Apparently they’d done their part of my commissioning within a week and then it was all out of their hands.

My positive result for the RAF (regulars) came through in about 2 weeks. The only thing that trumps that was my acceptance into the RN which happened about 10 minutes after the end of the AIB! Not sure why the ATC can’t tell you on the day whether you are a suitable candidate or not.

2 Likes

In 99.9% of cases I’d argue this is known before they even go to Cranwell…

4 Likes

I got a letter of appointment and my course report along with a kitting form. There were light blue and green rank slides in the envelope too. Think that was everything.

My wing won’t put you forward unless they happy you’ll come out with a positive achievement.

1 Like

As it should be, otherwise what’s the point of the Filter Interview?

Exactly, so they already know the wing want you when you go.

Which in turn begs the question… Why bother going at all?

2 Likes