Number 1's

As an ex reg I have a set of number 1’s still from when I was in however belive it or not in the past 2 years since I left they seem to of shrunk :whistle:

Anybody know anywhere I can get them sorted? or maybe swap them for some larger ones? being SNCO ATC I doubt I can use the services of Brize tailors (its also almost 2 hours from me but is the closest RAF base)

I would rather do it this way than go out and buy some

thanks for the help

i have heard of VRTs/ATCs using the taylor at their local RAF station so it isnt off limits…it is still an “RAF” uniform after all and you still pay for the services recieved

someone else will come along and correct/agree with me shortly no doubt…

I can understand Officers using them as the uniform is scaled for but not sure about SNCO’s.

As all tailor services were free when I was in not sure if Officers had to pay for it themselfs or not?

Would it be easier to use a decent civvy tailor?

i purchased a set of no.1 and 5’s, and went to Cosford and the lady in their was very helpful and rushed them through for me. Very reasonable as well. Worth a visit next time you do a uniform collection to just pop in and see. Only took about an hour to do them, just left them with her whilst i went to various other sections on base to do various bits and bobs.

It may be easier to use a civvy tailor not sure how much it would cost etc.

I will have a word with them at Brize next time I go that way and see what they say

I am a SNCO and have regularly used the station tailors at RAF Brampton / Wyton.

Just ring them first to find out when Tailors Parade is.

Just bring biscuits/beer and there shouldn’t be a problem.

[quote=“zinggy” post=7299]It may be easier to use a civvy tailor not sure how much it would cost etc.

I will have a word with them at Brize next time I go that way and see what they say[/quote]

I’d normally charge around £15-£20 to let out trousers and £25-£35 to let out a jacket, depending on the amount of work required.
I’d think your local tailor would probably be much the same. Don’t know about station tailors, I’ve never used one.