Notification of PMs

From correspondence with others, it doesn’t just seem to be me - please is there a better way to highlight (or notify) of Private Messages?

The current location/size of the PM “link” is very unobtrusive, so if it changes very slightly to show that there is one message, it is extremely difficult to see - the addition of just the numeral “1” next to the title makes no difference to me!. Other bulletin boards either have a email notification option (if ACC has one, I can’t find it!), or a pop-up window that advises the user that a PM is waiting.

Please can we have some kind of better “attention drawing” facility, whatever it may be.

Hi,

there is a popup option, but I’ve also noticed it doesn’t pop up everytime!

I shall look into why it doesn’t pop when it should

Cheers

DJ

Had new PM yesterday, no pop-up (using Safari if that makes any difference!).

When on the recent discussions I don’t even get the link text for PMs!

yeah, it’s another glitch in either kunena or the template - or even Joomla! Another reason I’m looking at alternative software.

When the link doesn’t appear a page refresh brings it up - really strange!

Hmm, I generally refresh a page (CTRL+R) - no pop-up appeared (& I hadn’t seen the PM for a day, so had refreshed the page several times.

It is odd - blinking thing :wink: i sent you a PM, just now!

Thanks DJ.

Yep, got the PM (& replied) - before I opened it, I checked on Safari, Chrome & Firefox - no pop-up, even after page refresh.

Is it possible to make the notification text large and highlighted yellow?

one thing you can do is check here:

http://aircadetcentral.net/acc/private-messages?task=settings

that the box is ticked - mine is but I’m still not getting the pop up until i go to the inbox page

might be fixed now as long as you’ve ticked the box in the settings above - it’s on by default but worth a check

cheers

Incoming PM with pop-up window & ping - but no email notification (details correct on profile).