No8 training Lessons

Does anyone know, or more importantly, can anyone point me as to the location of the No8 training material on Sharepoint.
They all used to be located in the ACP 18 area under I believe the ‘Uncontrolled documents’ section. But I can no longer find them.

If they’re not online and the only material I have is an old copy of ACP 18 which is i guess is now obsolete, has anyone got an idea as to what training material or documentation we should use to teach the cadets?

or am I being completely stupid and its staring me in the face and I can’t see it. Any advice welcome.
thanks in advance.

[quote=“ghost” post=24160]Does anyone know, or more importantly, can anyone point me as to the location of the No8 training material on Sharepoint.
They all used to be located in the ACP 18 area under I believe the ‘Uncontrolled documents’ section. But I can no longer find them.

If they’re not online and the only material I have is an old copy of ACP 18 which is i guess is now obsolete, has anyone got an idea as to what training material or documentation we should use to teach the cadets?

or am I being completely stupid and its staring me in the face and I can’t see it. Any advice welcome.
thanks in advance.[/quote]

I’m not a SAAI, but to my knowledge it’s in Pam 5C which can be found in the PAMs/JSPs/etc folder in Sharepoint > Controlled Documents.

Thanks for the reply, I’ve taken a look and as I thought Pam 5C only contains the lessons for L98 and L86 rifle, and although some of the Aiming and firing drills are similar they are not specific for the No8. I’ll keep looking.

All I wanted to do was check to see if there were any updates or changes to the documentation prior to teaching the No8 again (yes I am authorised to do so) and now I can’t find any documentation at all… (apart from a powerpoint presentation for ACP 18 chapter 2 annex A modified on 4th March).

Under ACO Controlled Documents - > ACO Shooting Documents, there are 2 items:

No 8 Rifle - Army Support Publications

The No 8 (.22 rifle) - Rifle Handling test - General Instructions.

However, if you do a search of “No 8 lesson” you will get results that refer to several lessons + practical from the (no longer?) ACP018 - Manual of Marksmanship Training.

It’s been years since I was an RCO in old days when you only needed one course, but from my observations the training for the N°8 hasn’t changed in nigh on 40 years I’ve been in the Corps and all the decades before, so anything you find from yesteryear will get the cadets familiar, then just emphasise the points for the WHT.
If it wasn’t that some anally retentative type from the shooting brotherhood would get overly excited, I feel quite confident to still teach the N°8.

New version (v2.0) uploaded today as it happens. Finally no longer “provisional” :smiley: