No.8 WHT

anyone know the questions and answers on the NO.8 WHT??

If you’re asking this as a Weapon Instructor or Skill At Arms Instructor, then you can find the General Instructions for the WHT on the Sharepoint Shooting Docs site.

If you’re asking this as someone to be tested, then you are expected to know*;

1. What actions are taken to care for the bore of the rifle?

2. Why is particular attention paid to the chamber, breech area and face of the bolt?

3. How do we minimise the risk of a bullet failing to clear the barrel being hit by the next one fired?

*NB. EXPECTED to know. If you can’t answer them, then I suggest you return to your instructor for some extra training.

Similar thread HERE

[quote=“green monkey” post=23104]If you’re asking this as someone to be tested, then you are expected to know*;

1. What actions are taken to care for the bore of the rifle?

2. Why is particular attention paid to the chamber, breech area and face of the bolt?

3. How do we minimise the risk of a bullet failing to clear the barrel being hit by the next one fired?[/quote]

I’ve always heard the questions as:

1. Why should the round be hand-fed into the chamber until resistance is felt?
    2.What must you NOT do with a misfired .22 round?
  2. What action would you take if the bullet is not heard or seen to strike the target, or if the noise made by the explosion of the round is less than normal?

Have these now been superseded?

[quote=“jacques” post=23114]
I’ve always heard the questions as:

1. Why should the round be hand-fed into the chamber until resistance is felt?
    2.What must you NOT do with a misfired .22 round?
  2. What action would you take if the bullet is not heard or seen to strike the target, or if the noise made by the explosion of the round is less than normal?

Have these now been superseded?[/quote]

Those questions are in there too, asked after the corresponding drill is carried out;

Test 3: Load - After the drill, Question on hand feeding round.
Test 4: Sight setting and misfire drill - After drills, question on misfired round and not heard or seen to strike target.
Test 6: Care and cleaning - No drill carried out, just questioning (on the three in my original post)

Test 6? Must be an ammendment that I hadn’t heard about.

It’s been in the WHT for ages; published on Bader on 16 Oct 2013!

About when I started to try to get rid of WI type duties then.