No.3A Did anyone proof read this?

So what exact design combination have you gone for @Paracetamol ? Colours/embroidery/badge positioning.

Why not stick one of your squadron compliant-design polos onto a Size XL stuffed toy and give us a picture? (remember the consent form, stuffed toys have rights too)

You been at the communion wine again?

1 Like

Cheers, I don’t drink anything other than whisky! (that’s just once a year, from January to December)

But seriously- a picture of a purchased believed-to-be-design-compliant RAFAC No3A polo shirt would be very interesting.

Bob, I agree!
Sacking an OC over this issue would be very difficult. Especially when HQAC via RIAT and IACE don’t follow the rules themselves. I would love to see how good the Air Cadet Organisation would look if they close a unit for not wearing the right coloured non issue polo shirt!:roll_eyes:

I agree that there should be some conformity with what is officially worn by cadets. But attempts to get all cadets to wear the same things when they have to purchase the items should be sensible. Forcing people to all wear such a specific colour and design when it is not provided will always fall prey to people doing their own thing. Look at the non-uniformity when cadets and staff wear MTP/DPM.

One of the real tests should be the forthcoming D&C Camp - lets wait and see what they do with their annual polo shirt and hat…

3 Likes

not quite a “new” design but this is compliant…

I don’t think it is actually!

Pretty sure the only logo that can go on the arm is the RAFAC one!

No, any RAFAC Logos previously approved through the RAFAC Brand Rules are allowed on the left breast, sleeves and/or back panel.
So it depends if the IACE logo has been approved or not . . .

1 Like

IACE tops aren’t designed to be worn as part of 3a as for use while overseas in full civvies.

D&C + RIAT are designed to worn with No3, not perhaps as 3a, but with 3s none the less, last years sunset ceremony an example.

I think the RAFBF pay for the shirts also

That is true, though it was just being used as an example of a shirt design which would be compatible with the No 3A regulations.

yes thank you

very true.

although worn with uniform, it is not RAFAC be that RIAT or HQ who design the shirt but RAFACTE - they provide the tshirts for which the camp fee pays for them…

i am not disagreeing there is a non-compliance with the dress regs, but the tshirt is designed and provided by RAFCTE and thus not someone who would or should know about how the RAFAC are asked to dress…

Exactly what some of us have been ‘ranting’ about on other topics, which all suggests that you have a book of rules which appears entirely with discretion. Quite a good way to operate a modern cohesive organisation with everyone heading in the same direction.

You can why see the rules stated that VRT were not RAFVR, and could never be called for active service.

Dont do a disservice against the true volunteer Officers in the organisation, thank you.

hqac incompentance and failing is not our doing. We in fact along with our SNCO and CI colleagues keep the ‘ship afloat’.

1 Like

Problem is, HQAC continue to hole the ship below the waterline.

“VR(T) were never RAFVR?”

My commissioning scroll says I was commissioned into the RAFVR. The “T” is the branch so there’s - technically - no such entity as the VR(T).

I agree that there was no call-out or other mobilisation liability though.

2 Likes

Well the D&C Camp 2019 polos have been announced.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=113229630026174&id=100208764661594&sfnsn=mo

Looks like they’ve followed 3a…wonder if the badge has been through the herald process though :wink:

They haven’t.
Quelle Surprise!

There should be a RAFAC logo on the left breast or sleeve.
The D&C badge is an example of “formation insignia” and belongs on the right breast or sleeve.

2 Likes