New Smoking and Drinking Policy

Yeah I went back and added some more.

Where does it say this though?

And increase the risk of a fire hazard.

Based on the Lockdown Parties stories in the press…

• Some one will push the rules
  • Some one will publish a picture
  • Some one will find it

…and then we will see what the sanctions are and for whom

Para.3. It’s the only thing that actually implies that we can attend places where others are drinking. It’s never stated that we can, without exclusion*, attend an external event where alcohol is available.

(*or at least a non-exhaustive list of permissible examples; without exclusion might be a bit extreme - not sure a nightclub foam party would get through)

1 Like

Does anyone’s Mayor’s Cadet attend events without CFAV? That couldn’t happen any more, because a nominated CFAV needs to supervise to ensure that cadet doesn’t drink.

Surely that should never be happening anyway? If they are attending in their capacity as a cadet then there needs to be an SMS application and suitable staff supervision? Drink has nothing to do with it!

You’d think not. And it’s always seemed odd, but I know of plenty of occasions all around the country where units aren’t communicated with over what their cadet has been invited to…

Same with LLCs.

Noted

CivCom aren’t CFAV’s…? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

This is interesting for the Gala Dinner at RIAT.
Taking place Friday night before the show weekend, every attending air force has their Defence Chiefs attending, or representatives, plus the usual host of UK based top brass and MP or two.
the RAFAC has a table at the event and it has been standard for the CAC to take along 2-3 Cadets (typically CWOs) along and it is known they have a drink, being adults in an adult environment…
I guess they could still attend based on the comments above but CAC would be there to stop any alcohol being consumed - and in doing so looking like an over-protective parent in front of his peers!

2 Likes

CAC is not a CFAV. These rules are for CFAVs :wink:

Wait until someone decides that ‘event’ means any event where there’s a beer tent. So you can’t marshal the car parking.

1 Like

Or go to RIAT for two weeks, all those beer tents?

1 Like

Clearly can’t have cadets wondering around the RIAT site anymore. They might see some people who are drinking alcohol…

1 Like

They just need to tweak the policy that exceptions can only be authorised by CAC or COS after being supported by & submitted through Regional Commandants.

Tell people no & they will rebel.
Tell them maybe but make it bureaucratic & they won’t bother.

1 Like

a case of do as i say, not as a i do! :wink:

1 Like

However, we are not government ministers contradicting rules published to the public. Completely different scenario and I don’t think the general public/newspapers will give a toss if anything were to be “leaked”……. Unless it was a general safeguarding concern

I don’t think anyone is suggesting the public will care. But HQ will

exactly - we all know of an occasion where some Squadron or Wing posted photos on SM which got the likes of Alex Corbin hot under the collar

it would be just the same but perhaps less public facing photos of “look what we did this weekend” but instead personal profile photos of a “good time had on the weekend working with this bunch of loons” with the other 4 DS tagged with some photos…and sooner or later something will be caught out in the background and having a WSO or similiar following/as a friend on your profile suddenly everything gets awkward

(I see it it during C19 when someone posted photos of a NNAS walk which took place, from all accounts the paperwork was all watertight in line with policy but some fool decided to take photos and share them where nearly all showed the policy wasn’t being followed (namely no distancing with cadets huddled around the same map)…indicating words along the lines of "great to be finally out and about with Cadets again teaching the next generation)