New Shooting Badges and terminology changes

:shushing_face::shushing_face:
The contingent got shut down.

Completely unrelated.

There was no cheese left in the stores. But plenty of shooting paraphernalia, including army and RAF shooting badges. (Boom: back on topic)

2 Likes

There are enough of them on the RAFAC now.

1 Like

As everyone seems to think we are rewording and changing everything I just wonder where we are going with “cockpit” and how will the camps get on when the accommodation is gender-neutral?

I don’t care if I’m a marksman, chairman or use a Manhole to descend into a pipe, I’m mature enough to not care and certainly not petty. Ive been told to grow a pair or man up sometimes by other women. Mind you Id rather not man-up and the only pair Ive grown are large enough thank you.

1 Like

Modern day management;

Changing the term ‘Airmanship’ when the actual problem that needs fixing is not enough cadets are gliding.

Changing the term ‘Marksmanship’ when the actual problem that needs fixing is not enough cadets are shooting.

etc. etc. etc.

4 Likes

Now, this I do sort of agree with, however, you can do more than one thing at once. I said before in the previous thread where this got debated:

That point still stands. People say ‘Why are we changing names instead of fixing bigger issues’. They seem to corollate the fixing of ‘non-important issues’ with the lack of fixing of bigger issues, this is not the case.

The complete lack of shooting, or flying, is because of wider incompetency. Not because we are changing some words.

(And @Turbo I’m not explicitly saying this is what you mean, but it does seem to be what a lot of people imply)

2 Likes

Not by HQ RAFAC but no idea whether others have. We will be posting as planned; not to virtue signal but as part of the plan to widely distribute the information.

It was, indeed, a counter-troll.

3 Likes

It’s amazing how reading a thread about the harmless changing of a badge name can tell you precisely which end of the political spectrum someone’s beliefs lie

7 Likes

Echoed.

I’d be more worried about VA, 1771s, activities being cut than changing the name of a badge…
Especially with this new matrix thats apparently floating around to say what activities can go ahead or not. But thats for a different thread.

2 Likes

We are doing more than 1 thing at a time, presently we are rearranging the deck chairs while the band plays abide with me.

7 Likes

So attempting to do what is traditionally expected but still getting it wrong? :wink:

We’ve got Officer Crabtree singing it.

It’s got to be true, it happening the RAF Regt according to RAF_Luton and they’re more accurate than the memes :roll_eyes::crazy_face:

4 Likes

Funny, Ive heard people refer to the regiment by that acronym for years now.

Reading the comments the impression seems to be late the whole post is satire & not that part of it has actually occurred :person_facepalming:t2:

I don’t know if you know of RAF Luton but well worth a look at :rofl:

2 Likes

We have a Wing visit to there on Easter Monday :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

They’ll be removing the word Force from Royal Air Force Air Cadets soon. We don’t want to be scaring children by using a word that could be seen as threatening. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

We’re actually supposed to call it “the service” now. Official vocab guidelines state that "force" is too aggressive .

11 Likes