New Rank Equivalence Posters

Wasn’t too sure where to put this, but I’ve not seen a rank equivalence poster at a squadron for a long time.

BFBS have kindly repoduced such a poster, released this week. Below is a link to 2 versions - 1 including the civil service structure too.

Given the expected increase in purple operations, this might be a valuable tool.

6 Likes

Did the Marines really need their own column? :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

1 Like

Don’t start the whole CS grade to Military Rank argument :man_shrugging:t2::roll_eyes:

Try telling a Sqn Ldr they are the same rank as a HEO, :rofl::rofl:

The HEOs (still better known as C2s) on our team literally do the same jobs as cpls.

AS2 is wonky
We have L/Cpl’s in the RAF Regt
They have missed AS1 (T)
Do we still have Chf Tech’s?

2 Likes

Read the bottom; they’ve deliberately missed some ranks for simplicity. Imagine how long this would be if they included all the different army ranks!

1 Like

Is it still where a Major or Above (RM) is afloat, they “rank up” so a Major RM outranks a Major Army or Sqn Ldr…

There are no different Army ranks: just alternative titles for the same ranks. AS1(T) and Chf Tech are separate ranks, not just alternative titles for ranks already listed.

1 Like

What astounds me is that BFBS are having to create one at all! Surely these should be issued by the MOD.

I have been trying to source just an RAF one with the (not so) new ranks - has anyone got a copy of one or a link to one?

1 Like

Not for much longer…

Glad there’s a new one with a more modern and cleaned up look to it. The one you used to get (with the cartoons) wasn’t always a great one to use. And adding Civil Service should be helpful though maybe not in a cadet setting.

I suppose it’s reminding people that they follow the Army rank structure even though they’re boat people…

But what about all the intricacies of the Army structure, Cpl of Horse, etc

1 Like

But what about all the intricacies of the Army structure, Cpl of Horse, etc :man_shrugging:

1 Like

That’s a regiment thing rather than Army thing though

Or knowing who is a Staff Sgt and who is a Colour Sgt…

1 Like

Pretty much the case that if they’re infantry they’re a Colour Sergeant - because these were the people responsible for the unit’s colour (standard) during war.

Almost everyone else is Staff Sergeant, with some exceptions (Household Cav are weird with their Staff Corporals).

2 Likes

Not to mention who is a Colour Sergeant and who is a Colour Serjeant…

1 Like

Or privates who are trooper, gunner, guardsman, sapper, signalman, kingsman, fusilier, craftsman and rifleman

Just goes to prove its not as easy as some think!!