New PAM 21-C

New PAM 21-C has now been published on Sharepoint initial changes are an updated RAM Layout, and yet another Declaration to use.

Not Pam21C: now Pam 71855-C

It is less to say though so I see no reason to complain.

Para 0136 removes a couple of past courses.

WI gone?

No mention of it in current section, but it does say the one day WI course? I don’t know if this is what our old “weekend” course was classed as.

[quote=“juliet mike” post=24135]WI gone?

No mention of it in current section, but it does say the one day WI course? I don’t know if this is what our old “weekend” course was classed as.[/quote]

Indeed. I’ve never heard of a one-day WI course but the paragraph is quite clear and I can only take that to mean that the 2-day WI© course previously run by the ATC is still valid.

Would it be foolish to assume that a definitive list of past courses does exist somewhere or are we reliant on the undocumented say-so of a SASC minion?

I would seek clarification on that one from someone in the know.

The WI qual as we know it is still extant.

I am led to believe the ‘one day course’ mentioned in the Pam is reference to a time when the ACF were offering a WI qual as part of their initial instructor training, which also encompassed first aid etc, during a week at Frimley. I stand to be corrected on what it refers to, but can confidently say it is not in reference to the ACOs WI qual.

It appears that qCHWT is definitively gone now, though.

[quote=“green monkey” post=24139]The WI qual as we know it is still extant.

I am led to believe the ‘one day course’ mentioned in the Pam is reference to a time when the ACF were offering a WI qual as part of their initial instructor training, which also encompassed first aid etc, during a week at Frimley. I stand to be corrected on what it refers to, but can confidently say it is not in reference to the ACOs WI qual.
[/quote]

I have never heard of such a course existing in the ACF, and our initial training is not at Frimley. We used to have a course at Frimley that had several days of Skill at Arms-ing and allowed use to train and assess skill at arms, but this is still recognised as a past course.

If it did exist I wouldn’t have thought there would be many instructors around to hold it, as it would have to be many many many years old.

perhaps the one day course was a qcWHT qual??

That is mentioned separately (in the same paragraph) and is definitely no longer valid.

Does anyone have an .doc copy of the new first pages of the ram?

https://sharepoint.bader.mod.uk/LASERegion/5SATT/Shared%20Documents/RAMS%20Examples%20and%20Declaration%20Wording/ACO%20RAM%20BLANK%202015%20v1.docx