New Coveralls

I don’t know if you have seen the new coveralls but in my squadron we have one in our stores. It’s grey with a Royal Air Force logo on it and the part on which you put your rank slides is dark blue. I think they look very good, I have no opinion on whether it is better than the all green coveralls. I just wanted to know you all think of it and if you have seen them.

Did you order them in or were they from a bag of gizits?

The ‘new’ coveralls are really bringing back the pattern from about 30 years ago, they are no different apart from the colour and embroidery from the green type. I think that it is nice that the blue/grey coverall s have been brought back - I had an old pair of these some 25 years ago.

I think my squadron ordered one, it was in that plastic packaging that new uniform comes in. I’m sorry but I’m afraid that I don’t know what gizits are.

A gizit is free stuff; as in ‘Gizit here mate, I’d like one of those’.

Ha… I deliberately soaked mine in a potent mix of Avtur and OM15 to get a few green sets off stores. The collar rubs me up the wrong way, three times the size… I’m scrambling on a cab, not on a show parade…

I’ve been wearing them for about 4 years now and have no preference over the green ones.

I’m just not a fan of the collar. Not that it matters any more, don’t wear overalls in the bay…