New Cadet Flying Badges

[sarcasm]Thick glasses, poor hygiene and social skills?[/sarcasm]

7 Likes

Aye, they cease to be a Qualified Aerospace Instructor Cadet when they aren’t a cadet any more.

QAIC needs to develop something transferable - for example JL cadets do the Fieldcraft Instructor course, which is transferable.

But that aside, wearing random badges of achievement on adult staff uniform isn’t the answer. I think the new cadet flying badges encourage the waltier staff because they look so much like flying brevets to the untrained eye.

Here you go… :wink:

2 Likes

one of our cadets did qaic last year and got quailed to teach blue simulator training, that carries over if they stay on as cfav

Surely an indication of manifest destiny, if ive ever heard it.

Hi, I have a cadet that just resonantly completed as Flying Scholarship is The Air League, they unfortunately are a little confused on what they have achieved. They have not been awarded certificate or badge, that’s apparently going to be in Nov 23, they don’t seem to be getting much help with trying to fine out the information either.

The main thing we are looking for is they have qualified for a badge just which badge, if it Silver, Gold or C White. I don’t know the full info but do they they went solo and it’s a recognised ACPS.

Any help on this would be very much appreciated.

1 Like

If they have gone solo then C Wings.

If not solo, I honestly don’t know

1 Like

Eh, normally at completion of such a scholarship? Ask the Air League / training organisation concerned.

[quote=“Rouge_2, post:67, topic:11117”]
I don’t know the full info but do they they went solo

From ACTO32:

Non-RAFAC Flying Scholarships

1. Cadets who have completed a single solo sortie through self-funded tuition or scholarship provided by external organisation may apply and be considered for issue of RAFAC Civilian (C) Wings. Applications via email should be forwarded to, and will be considered by, appropriate Regional Aviation Officers (RAvnO) or CCF (RAF) Senior Aviation Officers. Evidence of a solo sortie will be required with the application.

Send via your Wg AV O to forward on. They would normally needs copy of log book entry, etc.

Not heard this before - the only “approved” ACPS as far as I’m aware was the formal ACPS scheme (overseen by 2FTS) at Tayside (new tender in process as Tayside went into administration). The Air League use different (5?) providers as per here.

Nothing if they didn’t solo.

Civilian ‘C’ wings if they soloed.

Nothing extra if they did more than solo, including if they gained a full PPL.

Right so the Air League offer 3hr, 5hr and 12 hour scholarships towards achieving a LAPL/PPL.

It’s a flying scholarship in as much its being given money to fly with, but it isnt an/the Air Cadet Pilot Scholarship.

Your cadet will probably be invited to an awards ceremony in November where they’ll be awarded with their Certificate of Achievement.

As it has been alluded to, only if your cadet went on their 1st solo will they be elligible for a badge, this is the ‘C’ Wings badge. No Solo, No badge

New RAFAC Flying Badges

If they did infact go solo, then if you take a scan of their flying logbook including the entry of their 1st Solo and send that to your Wing AvO, you should (eventually) get a pair of C Wings for your cadet

Its looking like they are also going to offer Silver Wings for completion of a hybrid A2CoC and flight handling test for a new drone syllabus that is being developed.

So, nothing for Air League or RAFCT flying scholarships, unless you fly solo, ‘C’ wings for solo; meanwhile bronze and silver wings without solo or any other actual flying for that matter.

Am I reading this right?

Sadly, I think you are reading that right, yes!

At least the drone silver wings would involve controlling something in flight

If i jump up and down and flap my arms, is that silver badge too?

3 Likes

Did you solo or did you need supervision?

Went solo

Good job.

We all proud of ya.
:rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

2 Likes

I know Reaper / Protector pilots wear the same wings as everyone now: but they remotely pilot something the size of a light aircraft and release actual munitions on real targets. I suspect the ‘drones’ we’re talking about for silver wings won’t be comparable.

1 Like

That’s a shame. I was looking forward to the Gold Drone wings which you get for a successful mission over Kandahar, controlled from the AGS with a QAIC qualified cadet overseeing you.

1 Like