New CAC Announced

You mean he didn’t post this on LinkedIn?

1 Like

Well he might have done, I don’t know as I don’t use it. But on day 1 releasing this is a really good step forward.

6 Likes

The way he’s described his role on LinkedIn is good;

“Lead to 17k adult volunteers…”

If he can remember that he’s responsible for the CFAVs, and in turn the CFAVs are responsible for the young people/cadets, then we’re already in a better mindset than previously.

3 Likes

From my dealings with Al in the past, he is more likely to manage that then TK ever did.

2 Likes

Lots of positive comments, and I really hope you are all right.

Every CAC to date I’ve seen I’ve started optimistically and slowly had that optimism ground down.

I hope your optimism is well placed… it seems maybe more likely it is than in the past. But as a dog that’s been kicked a few times, I’ll reserve judgement until 6 or maybe 12 months time.

3 Likes

I think the biggest difference is that in being a Regional commandant for 9 years is that not only is he familiar with the organisation, he know about volunteer management- a skill that takes 3-5 years to get your head round (which is really helpful in a four year posting).

I think it will be good & it won’t take him as long to get up to speed.

3 Likes

He will know who is who at Cranwell, rather than coming in from the regulars and not having to spend time sorting the wheat from the chaff.

4 Likes

There is a formal message on SharePoint

1 Like

He also has the benefit of living through the decisions of former CACs, so he’ll have witnessed the effect those decisions have, as well as being personally inconvenienced where relevant.

Fingers are crossed this is a good sign for you all!

3 Likes

I’m enjoying all the reposting of stuff on instagram. Shows he’s paying attention to what’s happening on social media! Not just reposting, but engaging too. Something he’s done loads of a RC.

5 Likes

I’d hope the new commandant starts to value volunteers, not just do the usual talk.

Opening 15 mins of his town hall full me with hope

4 Likes

It’s nice to see someone who’s actively thinking about his answers and putting his own thoughts and passion into the answers, as opposed to be reading off a script

4 Likes

Genuinley excited to watch this back when im free

4 Likes

I like him, just listen to the Town Hall, the future looks good in his hands.

Do I see a light at the end of the tunnel?

1 Like

Dont jinx it.

7 Likes

It’s probably a train coming

5 Likes

Bearing wagon loads of admin.

1 Like