New badge for mtp

Pretty much every unit in my Wing already has one, and has down for years.

No, never heard any more about it.

So, we’re just free to proceed within reason?

Probably depends on your WWO.

The policy in AP1358C several years ago was that Squadrons could design their own which would then be signed off by the WWO.

This was done in my Wing and the badges have remained constant ever since. (I joined the Wing and everyone already had them). I don’t know what AP1358C says about things these days to be honest.

I never saw that and I’d consider myself pretty well up on dress regs.
Sounds like a “local policy” to me.

Officially no. There is no standing authority for any unit other than the SATTs to wear unit badges.
Sure, many do it regardless but it wouldn’t be right to say that you are “free” to proceed.

It was definitely in the manual at one stage as we looked at it my old Squadron and it never happened as the OC was weary. I was therefore surprised to move to a Wing where everyone had made it happen.

I think it might even go back to ACP20B

1 Like

Originally it was in ACP20B but the policy was removed with the document.

If a Sqn can prove they had it authorised under the previous publication then they are permitted to wear it otherwise Sqns to remove/not wear.

Is been Identified the regs were not carried over into 1358C and it was discussed at the WWO conference. It is being reviewed if a regulation is actually needed and if so what those regs should be