New Authentication Procedure

https://sharepoint.bader.mod.uk/ACO%20Document%20Library/Activities/Training/Radio/Authentications/20131102-Authentication%20update2.pdf

Anyone else ever spotted this? It seems to have been around for over a year…

Yes. It came out as a draft procedure a while back for trial and was then accepted as an alternative method.
Makes a lot of sense.

The next step would be to ditch CODEX and teach the cadets BATCO instead (as far as I’m aware that’s still on the ACF syllabus?).
Then we could just authenticate from BATCO cards, have a better code system, AND be compatible with the the ACF for any joint exercises in the future.

Matt yes I knew about this through the usual expected Wing channels

although i knew, as did I suspect my Wg Radio Officer as they are also a member, a week or so before that official notice via the ACO Radio Comms Disccusion group on Facebook.

it is a closed group so you will have to ask to join.
If you do so I will vouch for you!
It is run my Martin Swift who I am sure is a familar name to anyone radio based as Staffs Wing Radio Officer and I also believe is the W&W Region Officer too.
David Pink, also a know radio name (based local to Cranwell) and a Wing if not Region Radio officer is also on there.

it is a great group for any Squadron Radio Officer. Exercises and other ideas are shared. questions regarding procedures and kit are asked, and on occasion kit is offered out as units replace theirs.
there is also discussions on what kit to get, advantages to X over Y or personal experiences of Z.

It was invaluable to me setting up the Units HF rig. I had a radio and temporary aerial but thanks to the discussions on there was able to rig up a very successful permanent HF aerial despite having little personal experience or knowledge with the “black art” that is HF.

arguably it is most useful for finding out about national radio events, Exercise Week Signal and National HF days run several times a year are offered via there along with the results.

Let me check…

…Yes.