NCO material

Since i was a probationer, people, cadets and other NCOs have told me amd staff that i would make a great NCO. But as soon as I asked them ‘why’ they said to me ‘you have it naturally’. Im confused on this.
Sometimes ill call drill and have a higher drill standard than a few other cadets on my squadron and sometimes take leadership roles; but nowing what is expected of a corporal and things that make people stand out as potential NCOs would help me to expand on my knowledge and improve my weaknesses.
Thankyou in advance!

For me, ‘potential’ is being switched on, and having both the intellectual/emotional ‘room’, and unthinking inclination, to look after both yourself and others.

It’s about inate enthusiasm, it’s about leading others to better things/themselves and taking pleasure in the achievements of others.

It is about standards - it doesn’t mean you have to make the Academy Sergeant Major look like a tramp, but it does mean putting effort into your appearance and manner, and trying to better each time you do something.

It’s also about confidence - and that confidence has to be about what others can do, not just your inflated views of your own qualities.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.