National Navigation Award Scheme

Is the National Navigation Award Scheme ran internally by any wings/rgns? What qualifications are needed to deliver it and what are the costs involved?

Cheers

You need to hold an NGB qualification for walking and you now need to have attended an NNAS Tutors Course.

To run Bronze you need to have LLA or BEL to run Silver you need to be HML or ML and to run Gold I have no idea. (I think it might be Winter ML or International ML).

Costs for the Certificates and to physically run the course I believe are covered by HQAC although different units may have a small charge to cover local runnings costs. (As an NNAS Tutor you are expected to design your own Course/Lessons so you will incur costs like printing etc).

1 Like

Excellent thanks, and those criteria are set by NNAS not HQAC?

Yup. Bronze is a two day (16hr?) course IIRC.

Your way to should get you added to a list of authorised instructors also give guidance on getting the certification etc

If you contact the nnas they are very helpful and approachable

If you have LLA you also for some reason need the Expedition Skills Module in order to run NNAS courses. Or so I was told by NNAS anyway…

Yeah I think that’s correct, no idea why though.

The requirements instead of guessing!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.