Name the New UK Space Command Building

Good thing I saw this on social media instead of any internal comms.

I guess some of your cadets might actually like to get involved in this.

“Space Command Mc Phoaaaarrrrr Wooosshhhhh”

2 Likes

Ignoring the social media announcement, if we’re the UK’s foremost air and space minded youth organisation, why is it hosted on an SCC domain?

7 Likes

I don’t mind this sort of thing coming out on social media. It’s not exactly important, is it?

And it doesn’t matter, nobody’s actually going to call it Headquartersy Headquartersface… It’ll be like Lossiemouth’s recent polls about the names of the last 2 P8s. The names have already been decided by committee, but it generates some social media interest to have suggestions come in. Same here, almost certainly. Plus that means they don’t actually have to let a cadet visit Fylingdales.

Anyway, this is really the way it should be done, regarding sharing news.
Need to know comes out via email / announcement.
Nice to know comes through social media or word of mouth.

I’m not saying it should be an Announcement on sharepoint.

But surely an email to training officers, not even necessarily OCs because otherwise any number of cadets may miss the opportunity because not every CFAV will follow all/any of the RAFAC SM pages.

1 Like

I see it both ways. I take your point, but then I’m also aware that enough emails get pinged around and this would be just another thing clogging up the inbox.

At work this would take the category of nice to know that we’d promulgate via our internal social media and leave it to that. If people want to be engaged, they pull it down, but it’s not something that needs to be pushed.

It is, however, the kind of thing that could be an announcement on cadet portal and leave it at that (I’ve just checked and it isn’t).

UK Space Command Competition - Sea Cadets the link for those interested

Not being funny…

But what’s wrong with…

UK Space Command?

I mean… that’s what its going to be called formally anyway.

2 Likes

It’s to name the building.

Ahhh ok then.

Mc spacey’s Mc spacey it is then.

Castle Greyskull

5 Likes

The John Middleton Memorial Centre for Staying on the Ground

13 Likes

Skybase

2 Likes

RAF Very High Wycombe.

9 Likes

4 Likes

Considering I’ve been there, not sure this is much of a problem.

Not all (or perhaps many) cadets will be following RAFAC SM either.

NASA

Not
Almost
Spacey
Anouf

Spock

Space Pirates Operations Centre. K.

It’ll end up as The Tim Peake Astra Centre or something like that.

3 Likes

UK centre for space force excellence of the most highly thought greatness for space exploration and consideration