MyRAFAC - Cadet mobile app for iOS and Android

I love the idea of having an app for the RAFAC but just a few questions…

1. Does this mean 3822’s will no longer be required on activities?
  2. Is there any photos of the app so far in its development?
  3. Does the app need things like signal/wifi to run as I know some cadets don’t have direct access to mobile data.

I’ll caveat this answer with the fact that I’m just a sqn OC, and I’m sure that there are others on the forum that are more involved with the project than me, but I’ll give your questions a go!

In answer to 1, The 3822 is no longer being produced. So, unless you have stocks on your unit, any new starters won’t receive one.

In answer to 2, aside from the link at the top of the thread, I’m unaware of any photos showing what it will be like.

In answer to 3, Yes, and No. The app will sync with the cadet portal when there is Internet available, but allow you to view the data offline. So a cadet can sync their info at home or at the unit before setting out on an activity.

1 Like

The 3822 is no longer being produced. So, unless you have stocks on your unit, any new starters won’t receive one.

We still have around 60 copies of the 3822 in our stores but there never really handed so that explains a-lot.

The app will sync with the cadet portal when there is Internet available, but allow you to view the data offline. So a cadet can sync their info at home or at the unit before getting out on an activity

Yeah makes sense, so for it to be updated you would need access to wifi but viewing in a sense is fine without it.

1 Like

When it suits him…

When it doesnt… well…

3 Likes

So… you’re where they all are and I havent been able to get any for over 18 months now!

Risking identifying myself now… but I’ve had to photocopy 3822 pages and make our own for that period.

3 Likes

We have both a mix of old new, unused, lost ones etc. I believe our oc was instructed not to give them out so we have a ton left over.

1 Like

You should issue them if you have access to them.

2 Likes

If i’m correct he was told not too, but thats from what I was heard. I’ll speak to him though as our new intake is soon so we could potentially issue the stock to them.

Is MyRAFAC going to be expanded to include data from Volunteer Portal for staff, a bit like MyRAF :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Think the FAQs say that initially no but it’s being built so that can be added in the future

Or auction them off to other squadrons and raise funds for the civilian committee

2 Likes

Negative.
They are Crown property. To do so would be some form of fraud or such like.

Im sure the legaleese will be along shortly to correct me.

2 Likes

Yes, but not required to enter every single piece of data.

Which system do you record syllabus passes on?
Which system for WHTs?
Which system has full medical and NOK details?
Which system records events and camps the cadet has attended?
Which system do you need to create an event on to get authorisation for VA, T&S, etc.?
Which system is needed for Ultilearn to work?

You’ll find the answers to those questions are different - one, the other, or both… and different between different units, too.

I record qualifications on both. I got into the habit when Westminster didn’t come close to offering the option to record the current syllabus. The SSI does Westminster stuff and I updated Bader.
You’ve got a fair point on the activities, though if we do get invited to an ATC run event then you need to add them through Bader and make sure their medical/nok details are accurate anyway

1 Like

@Ben_Wakefield just curious as to how this is coming along? I’ve got a lot of excited cadets! :smiley:

2 Likes

It is progressing well, the BETA is underway with a number of units and the digital ID was recently tested at RAF Leeming. We are looking at a media launch mid June and organisation rollout end of June assuming final signoff happens with the accreditors at the end of the BETA.

12 Likes

Fantastic!! Amazing work from you and your team :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Starting to see some SM posts of cadets trading this. Looking good so far. Sightly confused the tag line suggests it’s the “one stop shop” for cadets, given that cadet portal isn’t going anywhere…

1 Like

The MyRAFAC app is bassicly a broswer that can only access cadet portal, so they are the same thing, thus they have the same slogan.

1 Like