Muster?

Well that makes a nice change!

Its wokka wokkas

2 Likes

Itā€™s even worse. TKā€™s own email releasing this document to people says that he is hopeful that JHC will release the 4 helicopters to allow all 2000 cadets to fly. Itā€™s then contradicted in his own warning order.

Did Lionel Hutz write that?

2 Likes

Itā€™s not a double booking, itā€™s the same event. 2000 total.

But you are CCF right? Want to be supernumerary at mine?

Is 5 minutes in a Chinook really worth it?

I appreciate that even a tiny flight in a helicopter looks better on paper than no flying at all, but Iā€™ve yet to hear from a single cadet that says these big day events are worthwhile.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve spotted the suggestions above and add that unless anything dramatically changes, thereā€™s a chance this becomes ā€œThe Cluster at Another Musterā€ā€¦

I actually found out about it when a couple of cadets mentioned it on the Discord.

1 Like

Possibly. Though still on course to go NEP in January at the moment

All i hear is hurry up and waitā€¦with a few quiet whispers some had a good time

When I was a cadet we did a muster at Benson (I think). It was actually a pretty good day! Everyone got a flight in Chinock, Puma or Tutor. They had a few static aircraft outside that we could look at (I think typhoon, hawk and a couple of others) and they also had some static stuff in hangers with regulars giving talks about how things work, whats-what etc. Was a really interesting day! There were other things going on too, but those were my highlights.

I think the thing with these big days is they should in theory be nice and easy from squadron staffs point of view. Shouldnā€™t need too much admin, just add names. That normally isnā€™t perfect, but thatā€™s the idea I guess.

I think getting 1000 or 2000 cadets up in a chinook is a great opportunity. Especially if all I have to do admin wise is pick some cadets, and make sure they have their Av Med forms!

The biggest challenge will be managing arrival and departure for 2000+

[REMOVED LOCATION FOR OPSEC]

1 Like

Yeah i was wondering how i manage making sure my cadets get back on the right coach

How the blazes are 4 chinooks going to fly 2000 cadets in a dayā€¦the loading, unloading time and briefing even if a 5 min flight would make each sortie 20 plus minutesā€¦

Another cluster at another muster, brought to us by Special K.

Just dont say his name 3 timesā€¦
He might appear.

4 Likes

How many cadets on a Chinook?
40 as a nice round number?
So 120/hour per helicopter
Thats 480/hour utilising all fourā€¦

Unless my maths is wrong have we got everyone flying in a 4 hour window?

1 Like

Itā€™s not 4 chinooks. Itā€™s apparently 2 and 2 Pumas.

Also please can we not post the location details. Letā€™s try and retain some level of security.

On and off loading, fuel top-ups, aircrew comfort stops, no peebags if cadets are aboard. You also assume things donā€™t go tech, and JHC allows four Chinooks to be available plus the availability of air and ground crews to staff the flights, they too like to have time off as well.

Ask @Horriblelittletechie about the practicalities of such a target.

Dont ask him tonight, let him have the night off.

Overall, itā€™ll be an interesting event to a) see how the organisation materialises b) how the mass AEF aspect works out in such a congested bit of airspace. (Hopefully thats not giving away too much location info)

I wasnā€™t involved with last years muster nor were any of my cadets, hopefully lessons learnt and then some. Although the way it was pitched to my wing, was that it was a regional event, with 100 cadets per wing, so its a bit of a shock to see the numbers speculated reach 2000.

I had been hopeful based on 500 cadets, less so with 2000.

Would it be that impractical to have 1 individual muster per region? Surely the positives of not stretching the resources outweigh the costs?

Indeed, he may be having sweet dreams.

At last yearā€™s muster I heard part of the plan was also an a400 but that was pulled due to Afghan evacuation, that was why not all cadets ended up flying. Original planned aircraft for that was 2 Chinook, 3 Puma and the A400 so maybe this is the same but similarly subject to change for operational reasons :person_shrugging: