MTP Webbing

If the unit has it, they will issue webbing as required for the activity. All units have stocks of Cadet Training Vests (Crap Training Vests) which can be issued, these may be held at company or county level. They are not on permanent issue like uniform, they are just issued if doing fieldcraft or skill at arms.

For some stupid reason, our county won’t allow us to issue anything other than the crap training vest to cadets, though they can use their own webbing if they want to.

1 Like

Yeah those vests do look dam awful. Like a little toy vest I had as a kid!

They were actually “ok” a few years ago, but then they changed the design again and the material. Now they look pink and are useless.

1 Like

So uncomfortable for diving around I imagine and barely any pockets.

1 Like

Well you have the zip pockets. I don’t really mind the carrying capacity - “fight light” - but the biggest problem is the ammo pouches are so flimsy and hard to use, especially in the prone. All they had to do was stick an osprey type pouch on there, but no…

1 Like

Oh yeah of course they have those weird zip pockets.

For haribo.

2 Likes

It’s almost like assault vests and their ilk are not designed for infanteering…?

2 Likes

I have experimented with various molle belt/Osprey combos but I usually just go back to my good old PLCE. It does the job and will still be going strong when I hang up my greens.

I seem to recall the first gen ones were service issue and quite good. Then a Cadet version appeared in DPM, which was ok, but the current fake MTP is gash.

The cadet vests are vile, not sure what the ACF were thinking.

Probably a backhander somewhere.

2 Likes

The army issue vests were fine, though not suited for the A2 magazines really. The A1 magazines were slightly thinner and flimsier. Ok if you cut out the dividers though this would reduce the overall stability of the pouch. There was a second version of the cadet vest that was made in multicam which fixed a few problems with the first version. This one was reasonably good (for a vest). They then kept making changes to the design and material, and we are left with the rubbish we currently have now.

1 Like