MTP RAF Offr rank-patches: for real or not?

[off topic]

although I can see the argument on the “have and have nots” point of view…I disagree with using that as an excuse for local rules.

if nothing else it is a life lesson, there will always be someone out there with more/less than yourself, even in the “equal” state of the “military”(/Cadets).

Are the same rules on MTP-PCS being “banned” locally in place for Stable Belts? both of which optional/self-purchase items
such a conversation was raised on the well known facebook group and it was argued that a belt is far cheaper than MTP-PCS

1. there are some getting MTP-PCS for free (through various means and sources), others at knock down prices (sub £30) = argument invalid
  2. if local rules are trying to remove the have and have nots why it is permitted on one case of optional uniform, but not another? = local rules don’t follow their own message

for some families £12 on an optional belt will be too much, so how does banning potentially £50+ of optional uniform help little Johnny who cant afford the £12 stable belt?

if local rules are going to draw the line at least be consistent!

[/off topic/
[/rant]

I think that ATF’re talking out of their rusty bullet hole if they are saying this.

[quote=“daws@1159” post=21307]There are plenty of Wings with local orders in place at the moment stating that cadets can’t wear MTP.

In our Wing they are allowed to wear in at Squadron activities but on any event where 2 Squadrons are involved they can’t. The apparent logic being that there is she’d loads of CS95 available within the wing for free and that they don’t want cadets spending hard earned cash on stuff that we are issuing for free. (There is also apparently a concern about have’s and have not’s since some of our units are in deprived areas).

Interestingly ATF are telling people that the RAF is going back to CS95 style MTP.[/quote]

Those wings/sqns are wrong - mtp is allowed simple as that

[quote=“wokkaman” post=21310][quote=“daws@1159” post=21307]There are plenty of Wings with local orders in place at the moment stating that cadets can’t wear MTP.

In our Wing they are allowed to wear in at Squadron activities but on any event where 2 Squadrons are involved they can’t. The apparent logic being that there is she’d loads of CS95 available within the wing for free and that they don’t want cadets spending hard earned cash on stuff that we are issuing for free. (There is also apparently a concern about have’s and have not’s since some of our units are in deprived areas).

Interestingly ATF are telling people that the RAF is going back to CS95 style MTP.[/quote]

Those wings/sqns are wrong - mtp is allowed simple as that[/quote]

Nothing is ever that simple. You should see the hassle I got for telling my Nijmegen team to wear DPM…

[quote=“daws@1159” post=21307]

A rumour probably started by the same people who said that the new PCS shirt was going to be in CS95 style.