MTP Daysack setup

Hi there,

I was wondering how to set up my daysack my daysack is like this:

https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/OTYwWDcyMA==/z/PLsAAOSwZQRYhhUr/$_58.JPG

it has two big pockets and two pockets on the front as you can see. I currently have my roll mat and sleeping bag on the sides being secured with the straps on the side, can also be seen in the picture.

please leave your opinions where you would put your sleeping and roll mat, first aid kit and mess tins, etc. thank you.

If you’re carrying that much kit I’d be using a bergan rather than a day sack

1 Like

Sleeping and roll matt in your Bergen.
First Aid Kit and Mess Tins live in your webbing.

Day sack is for extra rations, waterproofs, anything out of your Bergen you might need for the “Day” but don’t want to lug your entire Bergen round!

1 Like

I rather fear you’ve missunderstood the term ‘daysack’…

What you’ve bought is for keeping you in comfort over a long day on the training area - waterproofs, softie jacket, haribo, flask, woolly hat etc…

It’s simply not built to act as a mini-bergen with the weight that that entails and strapping stuff to the outside means you can’t access the pockets - all you’re going to do is break it.

I’ve seen PLACE Bergens go on eBay for £15 - do yourself a favour and just buy one. You’ll save yourself both lots of hassle and a wrecked daysack.

(If you have more pennies buy a Berghaus Cyclops Roc - it’s more comfortable and weighs less than half as much…)

1 Like

Plus, that’s a bought daysack. It’s not a daysack with MOLLE pouches.

Thanks you very much.