MTP and jumpers

Recently I went to an event and the f sgt was wearing a green jumper under his mtp jacket. I was wondering if this is aloud. If it is am I aloud to wear a green jumper under my greens jacket. He said it isn’t in the acp but its acceptable. I would just like to confirm this

If it is under your smock then yes you are allowed to wear a green jumper. 1358c doesn’t mention it but it is no different from wearing a soft shell underneath your jacket or a Norwegian shirt.

You won’t be able to wear just the jumper without your jacket though.

Bottom line; if you’re cold, put a jumper on.

7 Likes

Green woolly pullies are definitely back in vogue at the moment.

1 Like

Or you could be ally and wear it over your undershirt under your combat shirt.

Oh, and it’s FS. Not F Sgt, F/Sgt, Flt Sgt or anything else you can dream up.

1 Like

MGS guards wear just jumpers with their MTP

So do Pongos

Another thing for the Uniform zealots to get their knickers (obviously regulation ones) in a twist!!!

1 Like

Indeed Regimental jumpers with MTP are currently in vogue - the poshest examples being on display at the Royal School of Artillery, with lesser Regiments having their own, probably polyester, variants…

1 Like

Essentially, yes. If you don’t have the Norgie or buffalo then I’d say pretty much any OG, earthy-brown or similar mid-layer is reasonable to keep you warm.

This has nothing to do with why I recently acquired one…

1 Like

Blue one!!! Please someone wear a blue one!
8-)))

3 Likes

Yes. A proper blue one obviously, not that awful blu-tac colour…

1 Like

With a belt on top.

2 Likes

Ref GWH, Regular army wear Jumper with Mtp trousers!

Not sure why anyone would wear the old green jumper, the newer thermal mid-layer is much nicer to wear!

1 Like

Because it’s all they’ve got?

New Canada Goose jackets are a lot nicer to wear than my old coat but I don’t really got much choice!

2 Likes

I think you will find there is a newer tan coloured jumper for MTP available

Aah, different coloured jumpers, the Zealots blood pressure goes up another few notches!

I wouldn’t care what the cadets wear under their jacket as long as it keeps them warm!!

3 Likes

The green jumpers are ally again.

1 Like