MTP and green jumpers

Then you’re going to be amazed when you hear about the tunic for Number 1s…

5 Likes

Or the RAF stable belt…

1 Like

Ha! I knew someone would bring this up. That’s a dress tunic, not a smock or a jacket so it’s acceptable. :wink:
And the Sam Brown Belts or The stiff drill belts are a form of carrying equipment. So excusable.

What about stable belts, they are still worn with trousers not over stuff.

They’re worn over trousers in No 2

But if you have decent belt loops added they hold your trousers up.

1 Like

As a belt… Not to blouse or cinch stuff…

Indeed I have a Rifles officer (ex-reg) on my unit who wears all sorts of weird combinations which are in Rifles dress regs (e.g. white shirt, tie, green jumper, MTP trousers…)

1 Like

Good grief man. Absolutely horrendous!

Stick to the dress regulations and you can’t go wrong, JHD as stated in above thread for Royal Marine Commando only , not every Tom in the services, it went out decades ago so leave it there.

PCS is here for a long time to come , barrack shirt for Army and RAF REGT only as per dress regs

If you’d read these dress regs to which you seem to live so closely then you would know that the barrack shirt is authorised for wear by all personnel within the RAFAC.

6 Likes

If you look at the history the staple belt is called a corp staple belt for individual corps, and the only corp we have is the Regiment, so in reality only they should be wearing it as it is there colours from the foundation Year’s, and not the colours of the Air Force

I get the feeling that RRBB244 is not going to be with us for very long…

13 Likes

Not quite sure why you’re so upset but you’ve obviously had a bad experience somewhere. And re. the stable belt, the colours are derived from the RAF fin flash on the tails of aeroplanes.

Brand new PCS shirt at local surplus place: £20
Brand new barrack shirt at same place: £15

Sad enough to save a fiver? Damn right I am. Though… I’m a Yorkshireman :man_shrugging:

And, *you’re

2 Likes

Stable not staple.

4 Likes

Since you don’t seem to know what it’s actually called forgive me if I take what you say with a lorry load of salt.

7 Likes

I wanted it to be productive, adult, polite… Not a lot to ask…
Unfortunately Mr RRBB244 did not see it that way; so he won’t be joining us… for the rest of his life.

9 Likes

AND… Time out.