Morning All

Good morning everyone. My first day on this forum.
I’m a SNCO from Hants & IoW Wing and former SNCO in the Army having taken the Queen’s shilling for 25 years.
Former Cadet Warrant officer in Central & East Yorkshire Wing so hello to everyone up in York too.
Looking forward to hearing the banter that i have missed and hopefully meeting some of you over the years.
Stay safe!

Welcome Racing Stick, Good to see more from H&IOW on here.

Welcome to ACC Racing Stick! Ex-Guards, eh?

Ex Guards?

HEED HIS POLISHING WISDOM!

All depends on the Guards Reg :stuck_out_tongue:

But seriously welcome always good to see a new face!

Yes guys, ex-Guards for my sin.
Obviously the best Guards Regt, 1 Grenadier Guards.

I know of a CO on my wing that is Ex Grenadier Guards

Terrible. We get everywhere!! Not sure if it’s the done thing to identify Wing or who it is Zinggy? A bit new here!!

Well I wouldnt wanna say any names on here for persec reasons and all that

Understood fella.

He is however a bloody good bloke we often catch up and put the world to rights :wink:

may i ask, given your Army background, what tempted you to the ACO rather than the ACF?

or are you an ex-ATC/CCF Cadet yourself having defected to the the green side and now returning to a Cadet environment wish to return to the blue side?

[quote=“steve679” post=10931]may i ask, given your Army background, what tempted you to the ACO rather than the ACF?

or are you an ex-ATC/CCF Cadet yourself having defected to the the green side and now returning to a Cadet environment wish to return to the blue side?[/quote]

Cough

:wink:

As above Guys. Yeah, ex cadet myself. I joined the Army in 1986 and was told by my interviewing officer that my cadet service put me in good stead. I thought maybe the various experiences and quals I had might come in handy to the organisation that basically moulded my youth. Sounds a bit twee, but there you go.