Monies that is not Charity money

There has been much discussion on the civ com administering the charity money inline with charity commission guidelines and law. Much has been discussed in other posts.

My question is slightly convoluted before I get to the point but some background need to be established. Little Johnny is going to summer camp, Johnny pays the fee (cash) to the sqn committee in February along with little Jenny and 5 other cadets fron the unit. Then a consolidated cheque (BACs) is then sent to the wing committee in March for holding until the camp in August. This money could easily be for DofE logbooks, wing branded clothing, or other things not directly relating to the charitable aims of the committees.

Finally to the point. The question being this is not charitable funds this is not money raised for the benefit of 1234(Upper Cwn Scwt) Sqn or West Wales Wing. It is fund held until needed, in this case Summer camp. Does the committee need to be involved in holding funds for future events. Is this adding to the burden of the committee or is the committee bigging up its role? Should the WExO have a holding account for such monies.

i see it (CWC) as a convenient platform to handle money - something CFAVs should be avoiding at all costs (no pun intended).

given that Sqn shouldn’t have money held on site, and CFAVs should have minimal involvement in money handing over to those who can (the CWC) saves a burden for the CFAV.

is it right?
questionable.

what is the alternative?
WHQ has a “working” fund for such circumstances - who will manage this, WHQs dont have spare resource. who will audit it? another cost and burden to consider…