Money on Annual Camps

I’m going on my first annual camp to RAF Lossiemouth this Summer and was wondering how much money I would need to bring with me, or even if I need to bring any at all and also what kinds of things I can expect to do there on a day-to-day basis

The joining instructions you get from your wing via your squadron should explain the camp costs. Exact methods will almost certainly vary by squadron/wing/region but in my wing a UK camp is typically £50. We have cadets take that in cash and hand it in at the camp (or on the transport there) as it needs to be pooled and spent in the running of the camp.

We normally advise cadets take maybe £20 in cash as spending money. There is a cash machine in the JRM but I can’t remember if it charges for withdrawals.

You should get visits to the various sections on the camp, a trip to Culloden and Fort George, perhaps some PTT opportunities at the RAC, a trip to a local aviation museum (Morayvia) and plenty of drill.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Just to add: I’m fairly sure all camps now have a free-to-use cash machine, as a result of the introduction of PAYD. However, it’s best not to rely on this when on cadet camps, as the location isn’t necessarily that close to where you’ll be staying and can often be quite a trek!

1 Like