Modifications?

I have been looking at some photos from different wings and multiple SNCOs have modifications to their trousers, like the bigger belt loops for stable belts or a custom Velcro No 1s belt to prevent wear to the horrible belt loop holes. I was wondering if there is any other bits I could have done at the station tailor.

A friend had the tailor make a Forage Cap for them out of the same cloth as their number ones - This was private purchase though not at the station tailor.

When you get measured for your number ones the tailor should ask how many medals you have - if you have none be certain to say ‘one’ - they’ll add the medal loops for you, saves you time when you get your Coronation Medal next year :sweat_smile:

It used to be that officer issue No1s came without sword loops and you’d pay to add them - however they’re now done as standard.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum.

What stations will do for your uniform varies wildly depending on your role.
Are you full time? Reservist? CFAV? Cadet?

The tailors will do most things you ask, make shirts a tighter fit, bring up trousers, add stable belt loops. That’s if your local station will deal with you at all.
Wait times are longer as well as they prioritise regulars. And I still waited three weeks for my stripes and a medal ribbon added.

It’ll be quicker for your to take them to private tailor.

And absolutely do not do this. Not only will you look like a whopper, you’ll still have to take the jacket back in anyway to add the ribbon…

6 Likes

It was tongue in cheek, but I don’t think a couple of barely visible threads will make anyone look like a ‘whopper’ !

Barely visible when they are with a ribbon.

Just loops of thread on a jacket that shouldn’t have loops of thread for no reason… Yeah. You’ll look a little silly.

1 Like

Why would you need a hat made to match a uniform you can’t wear it with?

2 Likes

Why pay for one when they can make it with the offcuts, no one knows it came from his No1s

1 Like

But he did pay for it?

I haven’t done it with my current kit, but did it with my issued No.1s when I was a regular, but got the jacket lining changed to something a little more interesting.

1 Like