MOD Suspending Reserve Training

Google translate seems to be failing on their website for some reason?

Try this http://www.nlac.nl/air-cadets.html

I muddled through with a basic grasp of German

Normally chrome will auto translate, but that’s not kicking in for this page for some reason. Even using a manual translate doesn’t seem to work. Something’s borked on their end I think!

I don’t think you’re meant to read the editorial…

But if you did, welcome to the club, your card is in the post!

Oh there was a genuine second link :joy:

The budget for rafac can be directly offset increased retention through initial training (so I’m told) and other cost savings elsewhere. If that is true, to cut the budget wouldn’t save much money…

Between the impact of COVID and the impact of Brexit, our aviation industry is going to have a very difficult few years, so I don’t think they would be able to fund anything. Not that the MOD budget will have lots of spare cash either!

Not just ours, the global aviation industry community is reeling at the moment. I work in biz av and it’s a redundancy bloodbath.

Things are picking up but a serious amount of damage has been done and a lot of business’s won’t be about this time next year… !

I had a contact at Rolls Royce and GE. was offered a day at each plant for cadets. Had everything ready to go. Was then told to pass it on to an officer as they should be organising this. Then nothing happened.

Something that GE did offer was if cadets contacted them they would be happy to do a tour at one of the sites. Im sure if people
Approached these companies they would be more than happy to offer something.

Yes, but that’s different to providing consistent long term funding for an organisation of our size.

Interestingly they list IACE as one of their main activities, which for us you only do as a cadet once (apart from the few UK hosting cadets who I believe could technically go away twice), but I know when I went on IACE the dutch cadets were going on it every year while they were eligible.