MoD St Athan Camps

Can anyone share to light what to expect on summer / Easter camps at MoD (RAF) St Athan?

There isn’t really anything there, so wondering if the programmes offer more external activities?

I had no idea they did camps at Saints. There’s 4 SoTT, the SFSG (no chance of a visit there!), Led Zeppelin man’s company, 1 AEF, Hunter Aviation, the Prince of Wales Division’s band and that’s about it. Very near the coast and not too distant from the Beacons so that may provide options.
If you’re staying in the RAC good luck! It’s a bit basic.

I parade semi-regularly with St. Athan squadron so I’ll do my best to answer any questions.

BAMC at Cardiff Airport (5 mins away) might be an option too.

Although not many units on site it is a comprehensive Station and has a bit of everything,

we were able to use the sports field, swimming pool and cinema.

a day trip to Cardiff is a given (we had a tour of the 2K Stadium too)

we had a coastal walk and a visit to “big pit” (a coal mine attraction) so still plenty to do and see even if it isn’t bespoke to Athan.

that said we did get a tour of the workshops and all the bent a/c which were there for repair/breaking

That was my thought when I saw it! From the sounds of it there will be more external visits than internal at the station!

I forgot to mention the NPAS helicopter and Bristow’s shiny new SAR hangar (not actually finished yet).

Which Wing/s have been allocated Saints then?

That was my thought when I saw it! From the sounds of it there will be more external visits than internal at the station![/quote]

To be fair that’s what it was like at High Wycombe too, still a cracking camp.

That was my thought when I saw it! From the sounds of it there will be more external visits than internal at the station![/quote]

To be fair that’s what it was like at High Wycombe too, still a cracking camp.[/quote]

Don’t expect much on site at St Mawgan either, still, there is plenty in the area to keep everyone entertained.